Skip Navigation
Welcome to Tarrytown
This table is used for column layout.
On Our Site
  • About the Village
  • Departments
  • Boards and Committees
  • Online Payments
  • Forms
  • Agendas and Minutes
  • FAQs
  • Village Parking
  • Vilage Code
  • Subscribe to Email Alerts
  • Contact Us
  • Home Page

Search Our Site
Site  This Folder

Treasurer's Frequently Asked Questions
 When and Where are Tax Payments Due? (Village, Town, County & School)
Village taxes are due in two installments. The first half of Village Tax is due by June 30th and second half by December 31st.Taxes can be paid at the Village Hall, One Depot Plaza, Tarrytown, NY  10591. For questions call (914) 631-7873.


The Village tax department only collects Village taxes, all based on assessments.


Town & County taxes are collected by the Town of Greenburgh.

Town/County Tax is due in April. Taxes can be paid at the Town of Greenburgh at 177 Hillside Ave, Greenburgh, NY

For more information on town taxes, call (914) 993-1512.


School Taxes are collected by the Town of Greenburgh.

School taxes are payable in two installments.

First half of school taxes are due by September 30th without penalty.
Second half of school taxes are due by January 31st without penalty.

Taxes can be paid at the Town of Greenburgh at 177 Hillside Ave, Greenburgh, NY

For more information on school taxes, call (914) 993-1512.

What happens if my bank is late paying my taxes?
Should your bank fail to pay your taxes on time, or not at all, you are personally liable for any late penalties. In accordance with guidelines from the State Comptroller, it is the responsibility of the property owner to know when property taxes are due. Unfortunately, even late delivery of your tax bill by the Postal Service does not absolve you from any penalties.

If you have questions or concerns regarding taxes, please call the Treasurer at (914)631-7873

How Can I Find Out About Star Exemptions?

More information about the STAR program is available in the State website. Click here for more information.

What are the Village tax exemptions for Seniors?

If you are 65 years of age or older, and your gross income is limited, you may be eligible for Senior Citizen tax exemptions. Applications are available in the Treasurer's office or by clicking here.

Call the Treasurers Office at (914) 631-7873 for exact filing deadline or if you have any questions.

STAR exemptions are for school taxes, call the Town of Greenburgh at (914) 993-1512 for more information.

What are Property tax exemptions?
The exemptions offered are:

Senior Citizens - for persons 65 years of age and over

Veterans - for all persons who rendered military service to the United States and received certain eligible funds

Alternate Veterans- for all persons who served on active duty in the US Armed Forces during the Persian Gulf War, Vietnam War, Korean War and World War II. The exemption is available to veterans who were honorably discharged from the service.

Firefighters - for all active members of the Tarrytown Volunteer Fire Department

Clergy - for persons engaged in ministerial work as their principal occupation.

Can a Third Party Be Notified About Paying Taxes?
If you are 65 years of age or older, or disabled, or you own and occupy a 1, 2, or 3 family residence, you may designate a concerning adult third party to receive duplicate copies of your tax bill or delinquent notice. Applications are available from the tax office and must be filed prior to May 30 for Village taxes, prior to Feb. 10 for County/Town taxes and prior to July 10 for School taxes.

Are tax exemptions available for Village, Town & School Taxes?

Tarrytown Village, One Depot Plaza, handles only Village of Tarrytown taxes. For more information, call (914) 631-7873.

Town of Greenburgh, 177 Hillside Ave, Greenburgh, NY 10607 handles STAR exemptions (reduction in school taxes) and school tax payments along with County/Town tax and exemptions for those taxes.

If you file for a Village Tax Exemption, you are probably entitled to a county/town tax exemption as well, but you must file separately with the Town of Greenburgh.

The same holds true in reverse. If you have a county/town tax exemption, you are porobably entitled to a Village exemption also.

Please Contact the Correct Offices regarding exemptions:

Tarrytown Village: Village Taxes
(914) 631-7873

Town of Greenburgh: Town, County & School Tax
(914) 993-1512

When is the Assessor's Office open?

The Assessors Office is open 8:30am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. To meet with the Assessor you should call to make an appointment.

Where do I get forms for STAR and Veterans Exemptions?

Forms and applications for STAR exemptions, senior citizen and veterans exemptions and general information and filing requirements for complaints on real property assessments may be obtained at Village Hall or can be dowloaded by clicking below. They are also available from the New York State Board of Real Property Services at

When is Tax Grievance Day?
Grievance Day is the 3rd Tuesday in February.

If you have a concern about the assessment that the Village has placed on your property, grievance forms must be filed before the deadline. The Village Board will hear each case on that date and close the tax rolls for the year. Contact the Village at (914) 631-7873 for the proper forms and filing deadlines.

When are Water Bills Due?

Water payments are due in the Village offices by 4:30pm on the due date listed on the bill. Payments postmarked with that date will also be accepted.

Payments received or postmarked after the due date are subject to a 10% percent penalty the first month, as stated on the bills.

If I Move, How Can I get a Final Water Meter Reading?
If you are moving and discontinuing your water service, you must contact Tarrytown Water Department at 631-7875 for a final read.

In order for water bills to be sent to the correct customer, the Village must be notified of start and stop dates.

If I Move Into a New Home, How Do I Get Water Bill in My Name?

If you are moving into a new home in the Village, remember to call the water department at 631-7875 to make sure that the proper billing dates have been recorded. Unpaid water bills can become a tax lien. Ensure that billing records are accurate.

How do I change my address for tax and water bills?

To make change of address on tax and water bills, please submit notification in writing and mail to Village Hall, One Depot Plaza, Tarrytown, NY 10591

How do I get a parking permit?

There are various types of parking permits available in the Village of Tarrytown. They are as follow:

Resident Permits
Runs on our fiscal year June-May

-Must be a Village resident, pay Village taxes and you MUST submit proof of residency, copy of lease, utility bill, etc...with your name and address. Driver's license and vehicle registration are not acceptable.

This permit allows you to park at the Tarrytown train station, McKeel Avenue lot, South Washington Street lot and a portion of the Windle Park Lot.

A full year permit (June-May) is $275 and June-November is $215. Rates are pro-rated when purchased within the fiscal year.

Carpool Permits
When you wish to use more than one vehicle that is going to be parked at above lots BUT not at the same time. The permit is one that goes from vehicle to vehicle.

The fee is the same as a regular permit for the first vehicle and an additional fee for the second car.

Non-Resident Parking Permit
Used for train station lots only. The fee is $1,075 June-May and $655 June through November. These fees are also pro-rated. Certified checks, cash or money orders are needed for payment.

Non-Resident Business Permits
For the McKeel Avenue and a portion of the Windle Park lot. The fee is $300 for June-May and $240 for June-November. These permit fees are also pro-rated.

***There are carpool permits available for Non-residents also.

On Street Parking Permits
No fee but you must be a resident and show proof of residency as stated above. Further, we require a copy of the vehicle(s) registration. Two guests permits are also issued.

In addition CASH KEYS are available.

For more information in regard to any of these permits, please call the Village Treasurer's office at (914) 631-7873

Virtual Towns & Schools Website