Where do I sue?

You may bring a claim in the court most convenient to you but it must be in the town or village where the party being sued lives, works or has a place of business. For example, a business firm has an office in Town A but transact business in Town B. It can only be sued in Town A, and not in Town B. Similarly, a person who lives in Town A but owns rental property in Town B must be sued in the court of Town A and not Town B. A summer resident of Town A can be sued in Town A while he is residing there but not after he moves back to the winter residence.