Welcome to Tarrytown
The Village of Tarrytown is located on the eastern shore of the Hudson River, 25 miles north of midtown Manhattan. The eastern landing of the Tappan Zee Bridge is situated in Tarrytown. The Village, with a population of 11,277 (2010 US Census) is a diverse community, with a vibrant downtown and a full range of businesses, restaurants and amenities to serve the needs of residents and non-residents alike. The Village is proud of being named one of the “Prettiest Towns in America” by Forbes Magazine. The Forbes article noted Tarrytown’s "rich history, including being a throughway on the Underground Railroad, name-dropped by Washington Irving in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and, later, one of the preferred Upstate getaways for New York’s rich and powerful, is visible wherever you go in this Hudson River-side town."
Tarrytown is home to historic sites, such as Lyndhurst and Washington Irving’s home Sunnyside, as well as beautiful parks throughout the Village as well as lining the Hudson River. You can find out more about the history and historic sites of Tarrytown, research statistics on the population and find some special things to do in our unique community.
This Tarrytown website is designed to connect you with your government and your Village. The information included in this website provides you information regarding the departments and services of the Village, as well as direct links to organizations within our community.
- Board of Trustees Public Hearing - Application for a Variance from the Interim Development Moratorium for Tarrytown Station Study Area 8/12/15
- Westchester County Mobile Shredder Coming to Tarrytown 8/29/2015
- Westchester County Free Back to School Shots 7/30/2015
- Westchester County Heat Advisory Notice 7/30/2015
- Westchester County - Free Back to School Shots 7/30/15