The Board of Trustees, on October 23, 1978, approved legislation creating the position of Village Administrator in the Village of Tarrytown. The legislation noted that the Village Administrator was established to provide the most economical and efficient overall direction, coordination and control of the day-to-day activities of the Village of Tarrytown and to provide centralized direction and control of village employees. The Administrator reports to and is supervised by the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
The Village Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Village affairs and the Mayor and Board of Trustees are responsible for developing Village policy. The Village Administrator is responsible for implementing Village policy once adopted by the Board of Trustees.
Pursuant to Chapter 5 of the Code of the Village of Tarrytown, the responsibilities of the Village Administrator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight of rules, regulations, ordinances, local laws and codes of the village to assure that they are fairly and efficiently administered.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all village departments.
- Oversight and coordination of the work of all village employees.
- Implementation of the personnel policies, rules and regulations of the village.
- Representation of the village in collective bargaining with unionized employees.
- Serve as Budget Officer.
- Control of expenditures within amounts appropriated in the annual budget.
- Supervision of the purchase of all materials, supplies and equipment and the letting of all contracts.
- Serve as liaison with other governments and administrative agencies but not supplant the Mayor or Trustees as official representative of the village.
- Investigate and respond to all inquiries by village residents and other interested persons concerning village government operations and services.
- Serve as Public Information Officer, particularly with local news media.
|Michael S. Blau||Village Administrator||(914) 631-1785|
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm