The Sprinkler Appeals Board is empowered to review and deliberate on applications appealing the denial of a building permit with respect to fire sprinkler requirements. The Board is comprised of the Fire Chief, First Assistant Fire Chief, Building Inspector and two residents who each serve a four-year term.
The Board may review the following information when considering an application for an appeal:
- Undue economic hardship.
- Restriction from the achievement of a valid state or federal policy.
- Physical or illegal impossibility.
- Impediment to the intended objective of this legislation.
- Hazardous or damaging to equipment.
- Unnecessary, in consideration of viable alternatives which meet the intended objectives of the Village Code.
The applicant must state the alternative approved fire-extinguishing equipment to be installed in place of the sprinklers.
News & Notices
- Statement from Mayor Fixell and the Board of Trustees regarding local law enforcement and immigration
- New Village Administrator Selected
- Notice - New York State Department of Transportation - H-Bridge Grant Awards
- Swimming Pool Fees
- Request for Proposal - Update of Comprehensive Plan & Amendments to Village Zoning Code